One of the most versatile and luxurious features of Lalabye Baby diapers are the bamboo inserts. Every Lalabye Baby diaper comes with one set of our Version 3.0 Bamboo inserts.
Version 3.0 Bamboo insert sets have a snap on both ends of the insert and are functional in all of our current diapers. Each set contains 1 bamboo insert (large) and 1 bamboo booster (smaller). Each one is made of 4 layers of rayon (made from bamboo); therefore, each set is made of 8 layers of thirsty material!
Benefits of using our Bamboo Inserts:
- Adds absorbency without bulk
- Silky soft to the touch
- Highly breathable
- 60% more absorbent than cotton and dries 20% faster
- Naturally antibacterial, which means it prevents “ammonia stink”
- Naturally anti-allergenic, making it perfect for sensitive babies
- Bamboo is easily cultivated and thrives without the use of fertilizers or pesticides, making it a sustainable, renewable, and biodegradable naturally “green” material.
But my favorite feature of our inserts is that they are so versatile in the way you can use them to adjust absorbency without needing to buy additional inserts!
To adjust absorbency, you can:
- Snap it on top of our diaper and use it as an All-in-Two
- Stuff it inside a pocket diaper
- Fold the front end or the back end over to create an additional layer of absorbency where your baby needs it
- Use the Thomas fold to provide extra absorbency in the center of the diaper. This fold is particularly helpful for girl babies and toddlers!
How to do the Thomas fold
- Use the Hogan fold to create more absorbency up front while keeping the diaper trim even on smaller babies. This is particularly helpful when you need the absorbency of both inserts while still having the diaper shell set on a smaller rise setting.
How to do the Hogan fold
You can also:
- Lay it on top of a pocket diaper like a booster/doubler
- Lay it inside of any waterproof cover as a soaker or booster/doubler
Lalabye Baby also offers additional styles of inserts for additional absorbency needs, such as our hemp boosters (comes in a set of 2, triple layer hemp-cotton blend) and stay dry inserts- available in large or small (same great bamboo inserts but with microfleece sewn on top for a stay dry feel for those who like to use our diapers as an All-in-Two).
How do you fold your inserts? Is there a special trick or tip we’ve missed? Please share with us in the comments below!
If you’re looking for additional information on how to add absorbency by adding MORE inserts, you can find that information here:
13 thoughts on “Folding In Absorbency”
Thank you. That’s given me a bit to consider.
I love learning new folds!!
The Thomas fold saved us early on! Right now we have success just using both inserts flat.
We started getting leaks at the top once she started napping on her stomach. We stuff both inserts but use one of the insert in folded up style to get an extra layer at the top. This fixed the leak issue!
We used both the Hogan fold and Thomas fold throughout our cloth journey and they were both great. We used our one-size diapers with the Hogan fold right away at 2 weeks old and 10lbs and then the Thomas fold later on when my daughter was drinking more and needed extra absorbency in the front.